Barring any shenanigans, I move out this Friday.
This makes me so happy I feel like hopping around my room screaming “YES WE CAN” like Kyle’s dad.
I’ve been racking up extra hours (at work and outlining) so I can afford to take the weekend off for the move. The move shouldn’t be too bad because I don’t own any of the furniture in my fraternity room…
…which means a trip to Ikea.
The apartment is really out of my hands at the moment – the landlord is doing the obligatory criminal and credit check. And, again, barring any shenanigans (ie someone stole my identity and ruined my credit) things should be fine.
Today’s task was getting serious about finding a dog. I filled out the applications and did the follow-ups… and there are two finalists at the moment:
Tula is a pitbull. Harley is a mastiff.
There are pros and cons for each dog.
- Cheaper monthly expenses (smaller dog)
- High energy, but not a spaz (good running dog!)
- Used to being inside
- Well behaved
- Pitbulls have an extremely bad reputation
- Mom wigged out ala, “OH MY GOD I WILL NEVER VISIT YOU IF YOU GET THAT DOG!”
- Tula’s mom isn’t a 110% sure that Tula is house broken
- Mastiff is my dream dog
- Potty trained
- Less likely to destroy furniture
- More expensive (monthly costs, bigger dog)
- Foster parent hasn’t been as communicative with me, so I’m relying more on the advertisements for the dog.
- Mastiffs SNORE…
I know what I’m getting with Tula, whereas with Harley…hm. While I don’t think it would be a disaster per se, Harley is definitely more of a wild card. Oh what ever shall I do?
Tula or Harley?